IMPORTANT - Time is running out. At this time Fruitvale Business Improvement District ("Fruitvale BID") does not have the required number of petitions to continue with the renewal process. You have until May 18th to let your voice be heard and return your petitions.
In this post, CivicMic shares an update about the Fruitvale BID petition deadline which is now extended to May 18, 2021. These petitions are required to be completed for the renewal of the Fruitvale Property Business Improvement District ("District") that currently funds maintenance, operations, and services within the boundaries of Fruitvale BID.
The petitions were mailed the week of February 22nd to property owners within the proposed boundary of the Fruitvale BID asking for their support in renewing the District. The Unity Council has requested that the Fruitvale BID petitions be returned to them by May 18th.
To learn more about benefit assessment districts, services funded by the Fruitvale BID, and other valuable background information click the links below.
- Click here to learn about how benefit assessment districts work.
- Click here to learn about the services provided by the Fruitvale BID.
- Click here to watch the video and read the slides for the virtual meeting held on January 7, 2021.
- Click here to learn about the services to be provided by the District, budget, and a full breakdown of the assessment amount for each parcel within the boundaries of the Fruitvale BID.
- Click here for a map of the District boundaries, find your property, and click on it to view the new assessment amount.
Sample of the Fruitvale BID Petitions
- Do you need to request replacement Fruitvale BID petitions?
- Do you have your petition filled out, signed, and ready but prefer it be picked up rather than returning it via mail?
>>>Contact Maria L. Sanchez of The Unity Council at mlsanchez@UnityCouncil.org or (510) 535-6912.
Please fill out, sign, and return your petition today to ensure the continuance of the maintenance and services provided to your community! Return petitions by May 18th to:
The Unity Council
Attn: Tiffany Lacsado
1900 Fruitvale Avenue, Suite 2A
Oakland, CA 94601
Want to receive updates?
Subscribe to receive updates via email and get our free publications!
Please use the "Share this:" buttons below to share this post with other stakeholders. Your participation is very important.
Looking for just the data?
Click the button to visit our data center for this project.
Looking for more information?
Click the button to visit our main page for this project.