Selected neighborhoods in the City of Oxnard received a flyer from the City announcing the ReNew Oxnard Program and the following information:
- Residents from the selected neighborhoods have communicated interest to the City for improved services.
- CivicMic and the City will engage residents to build a long-lasting solution for each neighborhood.
- Engaged participants will be able to express ideas on how to improve their neighborhoods.
- Residents of each neighborhood will work together on solutions through the ReNew Oxnard Program: Neighbors for the revitalization of Oxnard communities.
- Residents interested in participating are encouraged to subscribe for email updates about the program from CivicMic.
Over 300 residents from the selected neighborhoods have subscribed. If you haven't, please subscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of this post.
ReNew Oxnard Program Neighborhoods (Phase 1)
Country Club Estates
In this post, CivicMic introduces the ReNew Oxnard Program in more detail including additional information and anticipated next steps.
Governmental jurisdictions and traditional decision-making processes established over the past 200 years have remained essentially static. Many have discovered that top-down unilateral decision-making does not result in comprehensive, lasting solutions. Today’s problems call for a kind of collaborative governance in which leaders play new roles, bringing people together from various interests and perspectives to work to address difficult issues. Acting in their roles as conveners, leaders do not impose solutions, but rather get people involved in finding effective solutions together. Collaboration thus enables leaders to act without taking sides.
The City of Oxnard wishes to engage constituents in a collaborative governance effort to find and implement solutions for the revitalization and long-term viability of public improvements in and around various neighborhoods in the City, thus protecting real estate values and enhancing the quality of life for its residents. Solutions are expected to include the creation of citizen advisory committees, ongoing monitoring, and adaptive management techniques to ensure the sustainability of desired outcomes and successful implementation of the agreed-upon solutions.
Stages of the ReNew Oxnard Program for Collaboration
- Inform - Give information. This approach can help get reactions to proposals, gain insight into the public’s viewpoints, and help alleviate controversies due to misinformation.
- Consult - Gain feedback, advice, or input from a broad array of stakeholders; this can be done on a one-time or ongoing basis. It can also be used to identify data needs and policy options.
- Engage - Choose priorities and propose solutions with neighborhoods that have significant participation and willingness to develop viable and sustainable solutions.
- Collaborate - Seek consensus on proposed solutions.
- Implementation - Move to the final phase of solutions for neighborhoods with significant support for proposed solutions.
- Repeat the process for neighborhoods that were not able to implement solutions and for new neighborhoods interested in joining the program (Phase 2).
What to Expect for each Stage of the ReNew Oxnard Program
- Inform Stage
- Create, update, and post background and other helpful information to the City's Special Districts Division website, CivicMic's website, and social media platforms. Click here to access the information by neighborhood. (Ongoing)
- Engage residents and share the information. Click here to subscribe and receive updates via email. (Ongoing)
- Host a survey to ascertain interest by neighborhood for participation in a program to improve services received from the City. (Completed)
- Select neighborhoods and announce the ReNew Oxnard Program. (Completed)
- Host a combined meeting with all of the participating neighborhoods to introduce the program in detail and answer questions. (Next step)
- Record and share community meetings on websites and social media. (Ongoing)
- Host a survey to better understand desired outcomes and perceived need to participate in the program by each neighborhood. (Future)
- Host meetings with each neighborhood, or grouped neighborhoods when it improves outcomes, to go over the next steps leading to the remaining stages of the program. (Future)
- Consult Stage
- Meet and work with each neighborhood, or grouped neighborhoods, to determine neighborhood-specific priorities for improvements and general concerns. This task may require multiple meetings. (Future)
- Poll and survey to confirm that desired improvements and concerns have been prioritized correctly. (Future)
- Engage Stage
- Meet and work with each neighborhood, or grouped neighborhoods, and the City to develop neighborhood-specific viable and sustainable solutions to improve services and address concerns. This task may require multiple meetings. (Future)
- Collaborate Stage
- Meet and work with each neighborhood, or grouped neighborhoods, to seek consensus on proposed solutions. This task will likely require multiple meetings. (Future)
- Implementation Stage
- Create citizen advisory committees to assist with additional engagement efforts and the implementation of agreed-upon solutions. (Future)
- Work with each neighborhood, or grouped neighborhoods, and the City to implement agreed-upon solutions. (Future)
- Repeat Process Stage (Phase 2)
- Repeat the process for neighborhoods that were not able to implement solutions and for new neighborhoods interested in joining the program (Phase 2). (Future)
What to Expect Next
- The next step is a meeting with all participating neighborhoods (combined) to introduce the program in detail and answer questions. We are currently working with the City to get confirmation on a date and time for this meeting. This meeting will be a virtual meeting (telephone conference call and Zoom) due to COVID-19. We will be releasing the date, time, and telephone and Zoom login information very soon. Please click here or use the link below to subscribe and receive updates via email.
- Updated 11/11/2020. Save the Date. This meeting has been scheduled for December 3, 2020, at 6:00 PM. Additional details coming soon!
- It is very important to have every stakeholder participate at the very start of the process. Though several hundred residents have subscribed...we need many more to ensure a high level of participation at this initial meeting and throughout the various stages of the ReNew Oxnard Program.
- Please click here or use the link below to view our participation web map.
- Zoom in to navigate the map or use the bookmark to filter by neighborhood.
- Neighbors shown with a pin on the map have subscribed to receive updates.
- Please share this information with your neighbors shown without a pin on the map and ask them to subscribe so they too can participate in this very important process leading to the revitalization of Oxnard communities.
- In the meantime, please prepare for the meeting by reviewing the following information:
- Click here to find your Landscape Maintenance District charge for Fiscal Year 2020-21.
- Click here to view the budget, boundaries, and other important information specific to your neighborhood's Landscape Maintenance District.
- Click here to access all posts.
- Click here to visit our Data Center and learn about the City's Special Financing Districts.
- Click here to visit our Oxnard Main Page with valuable information.
Join the ReNew Oxnard Program to learn about available options to improve your neighborhood including the exterior improvements (perimeter, parkways, and medians).
City contact information
Help us spread the word and increase participation!
Share the news with neighbors shown without a pin on our participation web map!
We got it! Join the Group and don't miss out on the latest news!
Please use the "Share this:" buttons at the bottom so your neighbors can sign up to receive update emails and participate in the process!